New Features - OCI
Today I decided to write a post with the new features that have been released in OCI in recent months.
I will be making detailed articles on each of these features as soon as possible.
Let’s go now with the new features
𝐎𝐒 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞
– Service Available from OCI Console
– Managed instance can be managed individually or in group.
– Easy Instance grouping – By OS or By Purpose of Instances – Easy Bulk Operations
– Select or Create Custom software sources.
– Immediate execution as Work Request or Scheduled Jobs for OS Package Management.
– Checking for Exposures to known Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE).
– Agent based Service for Linux 6,7 or 8 Instances.
– OS Management enabled by default only Agent install needed via yum.
– For Service Operation Agent (osms-agent) must be installed.
– Compute + OS Management = Managed Instance
– Enables Package Management – Monitor, Search, Add, Remove, Update
𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝-𝐖𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐞
– Two options introduced Read/Write Sharable and Read-only Sharable.
– Read-Write needs Clusterware solution on top of shared block volume.
– Read-only attachment are available in sharable mode to multiple instances.
– No need of concurrency access control or cluster-ware solution for Read-only Attach.
– Volume groups, Disk-to-Disk Clone, automated backups are available for Shared Block Volumes.
– Default attachment from Compute is non-shareable and exclusive read/write
– Available in all regions via OCI Console, CLI, SDK, Terraform.
– Other vendors provide only Read-only Block Volumes but has limitation on Read-Write shareable attach.
Get back the Deleted Compartment.
– Once compartment is deleted it will be appended with random string.
– Use Filter Deleted Compartment to get the list.
– Audit Retention period is 90-365 days.
– Restore Compartment Option will allow you to restore compartment with the same appended string name.
– It will be listed in compartment list.
– All policies refer to the deleted compartment will be now pointed to restored compartment name.
I hope this helps you!!!
Andre Luiz Dutra Ontalba
Disclaimer: “The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent may actual employer positions, strategies or opinions. The information here was edited to be useful for general purpose, specific data and identifications was removed to allow reach generic audience and to be useful.”